Grant Javernick is a “Live” Agent on the ArriveHome app. He works in the Denver, CO area at Javernick Property Specialists, Inc. Learn more about him and what he thinks of using ArriveHome. Find Grant “Live” on the ArriveHome app today!
Tell us a little about yourself.
- I am a graduate of MSU Denver with a BS in Finance. Staying fit, playing sports, and the Denver Broncos are all passions of mine. I consider myself a results-oriented real estate professional versed in residential brokerage representation of home sellers, home buyers, and property investors. I was a licensed residential mortgage broker from 2001 through 2015. Additionally, I have experience in corporate real estate (20+ years) including industrial, office, and retail property brokerage and development.
How long have you been in real estate? What inspired you to go into this field?
- I have been in the real estate industry for 20+ years. A mentor inspired me to go into real estate back in 1995. He was a real estate developer. Beginning in the late 90’s, he taught me to pay close attention to how cities grow over extended periods of time and how all the pieces fit together. Real estate is a field like no other! The only way you really learn and become a professional in this business is through experience. When you strip it down, real estate is problem solving. I love the challenge of taking something and making it better or making things that seem unattainable attainable for my clients.
How long have you lived in Colorado? If you moved here, why did you choose Colorado?
- I was raised in a farming family in a small town in southern Colorado. There I learned the core values of hard work, treating people with respect, and honoring your word. I moved to the Denver metro area in 1990 and have been watching this amazing city grow ever since.
What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
- I am an avid golfer who competes in at least a dozen amateur tournaments during the summer. I enjoy all things Colorado, from partaking in downtown urban lifestyle activities to hanging out at suburban hot spots. You can often find me at a summer concert at Red Rocks or on a mountain getaways with friends and family.
What’s the biggest challenge you face in the business? How do you work to overcome it?
- My biggest challenge is developing quality leads. Developing quality and consistent marketing strategies is something that I seem to have to keep reinventing every year. I read, research, and listen to what other are doing, try new things, and always try to tell people in a polite non-pushy way what it is that I do.
What surprising lessons have you learned throughout your career?
- I have learned that in this field things can change quickly. I have learned that no matter what type of market it is if you can adapt quickly you will always be able to help people. No matter how much you think you know in this business you learn something new about it or about people in every transaction.
What advice do you have for potential homebuyers?
- Always get the help of a professional!!! Most homebuyers don’t know all the ins-and-outs of a transaction like a real estate broker does.
What do you think of the ArriveHome app? How does it compare to other services available for agents?
- I can see the potential of the app. Too early to tell how it compares yet.