Sam McMullen is a “Live” Lender on the ArriveHome app. He works in the Denver, CO area at CityWide Home Loans. Learn more about him and what he thinks of using ArriveHome. Find Sam “live” on the ArriveHome app today!
Tell us a little about yourself.
- I am married to my lovely wife, Sarah, and our three beautiful daughters: Emma, Hannah, and Meghan. We enjoy watching movies together and being outdoors.
How long have you lived in Denver? Why did you choose to move here?
- We moved to Denver 2 ½ years ago because we wanted to raise our daughters in a great state like Colorado. Mountains, hiking, rivers; Colorado has it all!
How do you balance work and family demands?
- Well, it’s always a work in progress; it can always be better. My wife is very supportive if I have to work late, but normally I try to be on the road by 5:30. The daddy/daughter relationship is so special and I want to be present as much as possible.
How long have you been a lender? What inspired you to go into this field?
- I have been a loan officer for about 6 years and can’t see myself doing anything else. Watching the pride a client feels when they achieve the dream of home ownership is a great moment and I feel blessed to be a part of the process.
What’s the biggest challenge you face in the business? How do you work to overcome it?
My biggest challenge would probably have to be the challenge of re-growing my career in a new market. It’s a challenge I actually enjoy as I look forward to meeting new people and making new connections.
What surprising lessons have you learned throughout your career?
- The biggest lesson I’ve learned is how much the industry changes; IT’S ALWAYS CHANGING. I think that’s one of the reasons I like my career. Every day brings a new and exciting challenge.
What advice do you have for potential homebuyers?
- Make a budget and stick to it, and make your payments on time. One of the biggest factors a lender will look at is if the potential homebuyer has shown a history of making timely payments.
What do you think of the ArriveHome app? How does it compare to other services available for lenders?
- I think the ArriveHome app has taken the industry to the next level. The ease in which a potential homebuyer can look at homes and check out potential realtors/lenders from anywhere has not been achieved before. It’s like Uber for real estate!
Anything else you’d like to add?
- I enjoy the education part of buying a home, of taking an overwhelming process and taking the time to make sure my clients understand every step along the way. I’m always available for anyone to reach out with questions.