Here at ArriveHome, we are dedicated to providing a great experience not only for our customers but also our employees. We want to offer you an inside look at the employees that make up the ArriveHome team.
Sunny Patel is one of those great employees. Learn more about him and ArriveHome below.
What is your role at ArriveHome? How long have you been working for ArriveHome?
- I am Lead IT Support/Executive Assistant to Jeff Narlinger (co-founder of ArriveHome). I have been working at ArriveHome for about five months now; I began at the beginning of July 2017.
How did you first learn about ArriveHome?
- I was looking for something new, something different. I starting searching on different job boards when I found the posting for Lead IT Support/Executive Assistant. I couldn’t be happier that I found this job. I enjoy helping people and support is right down my alley.
What do you like most about ArriveHome?
- The environment. The team I work with is outstanding. From my first day on the job I was considered family, and I haven’t looked back since. Being excited, happy, and looking forward to each day at work is all I ever wanted, plus I learn something new every day. It is a huge bonus having such a great team to work with; no one is ever looked down upon for asking for help, no matter what the issue might be. There is always a helping hand from anyone at the drop of a hat. At previous jobs I’ve had, when you get a call it’s always a negative. Here at ArriveHome, it starts as an opportunity to be positive. Agents and users who call are excited to learn more, and I love being able to encourage that excitement even after getting off the phone or online chat portal with them.
What are 3 words to describe ArriveHome and why?
- Innovative – ArriveHome is a company that is always thinking of the future, what more it can do, and how to continuously improve an already great idea.
Family oriented – This is something I have seen from day one. Just being brought in as an outsider and being immediately accepted was refreshing. This company thrives on putting family first and always having each other’s back.
Exciting – At ArriveHome, you never know what kind of day you will have. Each day is different, and there is always room for improving from the last.
What have you gained from working at ArriveHome?
- Insight. At my last job where I worked for eight years, it was a tech company in itself, but being a part of a company that you helped build helps you learn things you would have never dreamed of. It really opens up your mind and you get to see the hard work and compassion that is poured into starting a company. I couldn’t be more proud and excited to see what ArriveHome can teach me.
If you could meet anyone in the world dead or alive who would it be and why?
- Steve Jobs, not because he was CEO of Apple, but because he had a vision. When bringing a company from the ground up, you see the struggles and hard work. This man had a true vision, he had many road blocks and critics but overcame them all. He thrived and succeeded because he knew it would be big. I mean the guy started his company in a garage and now look at Apple… Who wouldn’t want to pick his brain?
What do you like to do on your days off?
- I enjoy spending time with my family and wife. I have been married for two and a half years now, so we try to make the most of our time off together. I also really enjoy doing Jiu Jitsu. I recently started classes again after having to take some time off due to an injury. That is one thing I enjoy doing after a long day. It’s a great way to relieve stress but also a way to zone the world out.
What is an ability you wish you had and why?
- To make everyone’s problems go away. I dislike when people are down, and I honestly wish I had the ability to make everyone happy and have all of their problems magically disappear. It is always a great feeling when you help someone with their problems, but sometimes you can’t and seeing the disappointment on their face always disappoints me. I am an empathetic guy, just how my mom raised me.